- A computer or laptop with a stable internet connection.
- Basic computer literacy, including familiarity with using a web browser and installing software.
- Knowledge of programming concepts and some experience with a programming language such as Python would be helpful but not necessary.
- A willingness to learn and engage with complex concepts related to cryptography, mining, and consensus algorithms.
- Comprehensive coverage.
- Practical approach.
- Interactive learning.
- Industry experts.
- Beginners who are interested in learning about the foundational concepts of blockchain technology.
“Blockchain Basics: A Beginner’s Guide” is a beginner’s course on blockchain technology that aims to provide a foundational understanding of the concepts and principles of blockchain. The course is designed for individuals who want to learn about the technology behind cryptocurrencies and how they work. The course covers the basics of cryptography, mining, and consensus, and how these concepts are used in blockchain technology. It is a self-paced course that includes video lectures, readings, quizzes, and assignments.
The course begins with an introduction to the history of money and the problems that blockchain technology aims to solve. The course then covers the basics of cryptography, including the different types of cryptographic algorithms and their applications. The course also covers the concept of mining and how it is used to create new blocks in a blockchain. Students will learn about the different mining algorithms used in cryptocurrencies and how they differ from one another.
The course then moves on to the concept of consensus and the different consensus algorithms used in blockchain technology. Students will learn about proof-of-work, proof-of-stake, and other consensus algorithms used in cryptocurrencies. The course concludes with a discussion of the different applications of blockchain technology and the future of the industry.